Preparation Guide for your Newborn Session.
First of all, thank you for choosing me to take images of your precious new baby! As a mum, I understand how overwhelming those first few days can be so I created this informational guide to help you prepare for your session.
What to expect during your Session
I may spend up to 2-3 hours photographing your baby, allowing plenty of time for feeding and settling. The temperature is set nice and warm in the studio to keep your bub as relaxed and comfortable as possible, so you will want to wear something light yourself.
If possible it would help to give your baby a full feed before you leave for your session. This will ensure that they are as settled as they can be when we start the session, but don’t stress if it doesn’t work out that way, you can only do so much. Your session's set ups and props etc are selected and styled by me prior to your session. If there is a particular colour you would like included in your set ups, please let me know asap.
* Sibling, Parent & Family images are done at the end of the newborn session. If you are having Sibling images- please get your partner or a family member to bring your children toward the end of the session or alternatively there is a playground nearby to entertain the kids.*
What To Bring
• Dress your baby in a onesie that zips in the front as it’s easiest for me to take off & please do not put a singlet on your baby as this will allow for minimal stimulation when i'm getting them wrapped or into set eps etc
• A dummy if you use them, this helps a lot to settle bub in-between shots
• If your having sibling or Mummy and Daddy images taken, please wear neutral coloured clothing, with no big patterns. Whites, creams, greys or black etc are safe (we want to try our best to keep the attention on your little bub)
• If your baby is in a car seat capsule please bring the baby into the studio in the capsule.
* Sibling, Parent & Family images are done at the end of the newborn session. If you are having Sibling images- please get your partner or a family member to bring your children toward the end of the session or alternatively there is a playground nearby to entertain the kids.
* Please understand that sibling shots and newborn poses are not guaranteed as siblings are not always willing to cooperate (I will do my best!) and your baby’s safety is the most important thing to me.
* Please remember to contact me within 2 days after baby is born to book in your session time in the first 14 days.
* If there is a particular colour you would like included in your sessions set up, please let me know on your booking form.
* If there is a particular set up that you have seen on my website or facebook/instagram page, please let me know at least 2 days before your session (any requests must be from my work only).
*Please refrain from taking mobile phone photos or videos during your shoot (it will be tempting I know :))
And last but not least, please relax and enjoy the session, and hopefully a little rest!